The Fellowship Initiative
A full day of learning activities 2-3 Saturday’s per month during the school year.
- Academic Support – tutoring, academic instruction, time management, and study skills.
- Core Content Modules – Healing Centered Engagement, Arts and Cultural Literacy, Leadership and Civic Engagement, Career & College Readiness.
- Networking Opportunities – relationship building activities with other young leaders and professionals.
- Social & Emotional Support – positive, safe, and supportive environment that promotes holistic healing and well-being.
Establishing a Lasting Network
By participating in The Fellowship Initiative, young men of color have the opportunity to build a strong network with other young leaders in the program and professionals from multiple career sectors.
JPMorgan Chase Mentorship
Each of our Fellows is paired with a JPMorgan Chase employee who serves as a mentor to provide guidance, experience, and exposure.
College visits to local, regional, and national colleges/universities.
Public Service Initiatives
Project-based learning to facilitate opportunities for fellows to impact their communities.
Special sessions and projects during school breaks and during the summer to build key academic, professional and leadership skills.
Parent Engagement sessions to assist parents in supporting fellows through the college readiness process.
- Young Man of Color
- Currently enrolled as a sophomore (class of 2023) in a Chicago area high school
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A commitment to academic achievement
- Cultural Identity
- Public Service
- A strong interest in attending and graduating from a 4-year college/university
- Interest and a track record of leadership and public service
Impact of the Fellowship Initiative
Participating in The Fellowship Initiative
Applications for the 2021 cohort are now available.
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Thank You to JPMorgan Chase
Youth Guidance is grateful to JPMorgan Chase for their vision and support of this program. To date, more than 350 JPMorgan Chase employees have worked with TFI Fellows as mentors, coaches, role models, speakers, or volunteers in various capacities. Since its launch in 2010, the program has been expanded and serves new classes of Fellows in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and Dallas.